About Me

My photo
Whittier, California, United States
ATLAS FITNESS IS THE PROUD HOST TO WEST WHITTIER CROSSFIT OFFERING CROSSFIT 7 DAYS A WEEK .WE ARE LOCATED AT 8044 WESTMAN AVE WHITTIER,TUCKED AWAY IN A GRITTY AUTO AREA FOR YOUR WORKOUT CONVENIENCE. EMAIL atlasfit@yahoo.com OR CALL/TXT (626) 991-2486 for any questions.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 - 9- 8- 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 of D.B. thruster, burpee, sit ups and box jumps

We also did Heavy thrusters as our strength work in the 1st half of the hour, so 3 - 3 - 3 thrusters 1st. then the metabolic work the second half. Rx on the d.b. was really anything between 15lbs and 40lbs for all, and all members were using a 20'' box . EVEN ALICIA ( athlete seen in picture ) Who broke a mental bloc in her head about 20" Box Jumps. GREAT JOB !!! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU!!!! Please Give
your respect to Matt who took a BAD fall on his box jumps today (not the funny box jump fall at all) in Matt's own words he "ate shit". I wish him a speedy recovery, and I know he will be jumping back up their soon.
Brings me to the next point as many of you have heard me say before, if your gonna jump on a box for exercise, the day will come when you will fall off the box. I think anyone  who has been doing crossfit for awhile will have some kind of fall or miss, That's just the nature of crossfit. Either you see the benefits of these exercise or you don't. CROSSFIT exercises can be like strong medicine, just enough and its a perfect cure, but it can be easily done with to much volume, and to often with not enough rest . So do we ban it because we get scraps from box jumps, torn hands from high rep pull ups, or whip marks across our body from a jump rope?????  I guess the answer is up to you, but for me I've been into fitness for over 13yrs and this is as good as it gets fun wise, and results.... FALLING OFF A BOX IS AN INEVITABLE OUTCOME OF LONG TERM CROSSFIT, BUT SO OUR RESULTS!! I leave you with this story.......

once upon a time, a woman was picking up fire wood .
She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow.
she took the snake home, and nursed it back to health.
One day the snake bit her on the cheek.
as she lay dying, she asked the snake
"why have you done this to me?" and the snake answered
"look BITCH you knew I was a snake!"

LOOK BITCH THIS IS CROSSFIT

3 comments: