About Me

My photo
Whittier, California, United States
ATLAS FITNESS IS THE PROUD HOST TO WEST WHITTIER CROSSFIT OFFERING CROSSFIT 7 DAYS A WEEK .WE ARE LOCATED AT 8044 WESTMAN AVE WHITTIER,TUCKED AWAY IN A GRITTY AUTO AREA FOR YOUR WORKOUT CONVENIENCE. EMAIL atlasfit@yahoo.com OR CALL/TXT (626) 991-2486 for any questions.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

100 D.B. Squat Cleans 5 burpees, Every Min.On the Min. Till 100

35-45/15-25(atlas needs more 45 d.b.)
*Practice Pistols/60 Total
 Last Fridays SUCKY Wall Ball and Double unders W.O.D.
 
So the other night I went to check my Yahoo Email ,when I came across an article intiteled "New Eating Disorders" ( http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/new-eating-disorders-are-they-real ) in the Yahoo Health section . I Began to read and to my surprise I came upon a "disorder" named "ORTHOREXIA" which in short is a disorder which symptoms include eliminating processed foods, anything with artificial colorings or flavorings as well as foods that have come into contact with pesticides. Beyond that, orthorexics may also shun caffeine, alcohol, sugar, salt, wheat, flour, and dairy foods. Some limit themselves to raw foods. I was In Shock and could only think of the paleo diet. I understand what their saying about obsessive behavior, but can it really be that bad ??Like Better that be your disorder then eating paper, (yes a real eating disorder)or not eating at all . If a vegetarian skips on social events because they will be serving meat does that make them obsessive compulsive ??? If they do it all the time yes, but my argument is that We as a society still do not have a full understanding on what True Healthy Living is, Because its not just food, but all the decisions around food such as skipping out on fatty foods when you go out to a restaurant and having to hear from all your friends (because they don't "GET IT") why you too can eat something that's unhealthy for you because your "not fat", and the sad reality is YOU are making them feel fat by choosing an option that is healthy and lean....I don't know, That article just got me excited, And I guess I have found out that I have been living with ORTHOREXIA for the past 5 to 10 years, oh well  maybe I can get a doctor to give me some drugs for that . .I wonder if that's healthy ??

 




No comments:

Post a Comment